The Free version of WPSSO from WordPress.org is a full-featured, stable and well supported plugin. The Pro version builds on this solid base by adding support for NextGEN Gallery v1.x and v2.x albums, galleries and images (shortcodes, image tags, album / gallery preview images, etc.), e-commerce products (Easy Digital Downloads, MarketPress WordPress eCommerce, WP e-Commerce, and WooCommerce), tighter integration with SEO plugins (WordPress SEO by Yoast and All in One SEO Pack), website APIs (Wistia, Bitly, Google, Youtube, etc.), enhanced customization features for each individual Post and Page, image upscaling (enlargement), and much more.
Upgrading to the Pro version is simple and easy:
- Click on the “Purchase the Pro Version” button located on any SSO settings page.
- Purchase the plugin easily and quickly through Paypal.
- Seconds after your purchase you will receive an email with your Authentication ID.
- Install the WPSSO Pro Update Manager extension.
- Enter your Authentication ID in the SSO Pro Licenses settings page.
- Update the plugin from within WordPress (like any other plugin update).
The Pro version license(s) can also be assigned to the whole multisite network and/or to specific sites within the multisite network. Please note that the default site / blog must be licensed to allow Pro version updates from the Network Admin interface.
WordPress Social Sharing Optimization (WPSSO) Pro / Power-User Features
- A Social Settings metabox for Post, Page, custom post type, user profile, and term / taxonomy (category and tag) editing pages — the Social Settings metbox allows you to customize the article topic, the shared title, the Open Graph / Facebook / Rich Pin, Google Search, and Twitter Card descriptions, along with the shared image and/or video.
- Fully renders content (including shortcodes) for accurate description texts.
- Support for embedded videos in content text (iframe and object HTML markup).
- Additional Open Graph / Rich Pin meta tags for videos and ecommerce products.
- Twitter Player Card markup for embedded videos from Facebook, Slideshare, Vimeo, Wistia, and/or Youtube.
- Include or exclude individual Google / SEO, Open Graph, Twitter Card, and Schema meta tags in the webpage head section.
- Configurable user profile contact field names and labels.
- Optional URL shortening with Bitly, Google, Ow.ly, TinyURL, or YOURLS.
- Integrates with 3rd party plugins and services for additional image,
video, ecommerce product details, SEO settings, etc. The following
modules are included with the Pro version, and are automatically loaded
if/when the supported plugins and/or services are required.
Supported 3rd Party Plugins
- All in One SEO Pack
- BuddyPress (including Group Forum Topics)
- Co-Authors Plus (including Guest Authors)
- Easy Digital Downloads
- HeadSpace2 SEO
- NextGEN Gallery
- MarketPress – WordPress eCommerce
- rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress
- The Events Calendar
- The SEO Framework
- WooCommerce (version 1 and 2)
- WP eCommerce
- WordPress REST API (version 2)
- Yoast SEO (aka WordPress SEO)
- Yotpo Social Reviews for WooCommerce
Supported Service APIs
- Facebook Embedded Videos
- Google URL Shortener
- Gravatar (Author Image)
- Slideshare Presentations
- Vimeo Videos
- Wistia Videos
- Your Own URL Shortener (YOURLS)
- YouTube Videos and Playlists
- Supported 3rd Party Plugins
- Additional (and optional) Free or Pro extension plugins:
- WPSSO Mobile App Meta (Pro version)
- WPSSO Organization Markup (Pro version)
- WPSSO Place / Location and Local Business Meta (Pro version)
- WPSSO Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons (Pro version)
- WPSSO Schema JSON-LD Markup (Pro version)
- WPSSO Social Sharing Buttons (Pro version)
- WPSSO Strip Schema Microdata (Free version)